The JLTI aims at encouraging and promoting Japanese language education in Ireland through teaching and research.
In October 1999, the Japanese Embassy in Ireland invited four Irish universities to a meeting for the purpose of exchanging views and ideas in relation to Japanese language education in Ireland. Four Universities: University of Dublin, Trinity College (TCD), University of Limerick (UL), Dublin City University (DCU), University College Dublin (UCD).
The first preliminary meeting took in November 1999 and the meeting agreed to inaugurate an association of the Japanese language lecturers of Ireland.
The first JLTI meeting took place in Dublin City University in June 2000.
- To organize seminars and workshops for Japanese language teaching and learning.
- To hold annual Japanese speech contest.
- To gather and disseminate information and share materials on Japanese language teaching and learning in Ireland.
- To set up a network of Japanese language teachers in Ireland.
Information for members
- The JLTI members will receive information on workshops and seminars, events related to Japanese language and culture, and available teaching post, etc. by our mailing list.
- The members can borrow and use teaching materials from our library, which is at the Press and Culture office, Embassy of Japan. The book list is available here (as a PDF file).
- The members based outside Dublin can borrow materials by post. Please contact the JLTI Committee at the e-mail address below.
The Constitution of the JLTI can be downloaded from here.
Membership of the JLTI shall be open to any person who supports the object of the association whose appointment or occupation or qualifications in the field of teaching Japanese are accepted by the Executive Committee.
Annual Membership Fees
25 Euro (From 1 October to 30 September of the following year）
How to apply
Please contact the JLTI by e-mail. We will send an application form. The membership fee can be paid by personal cheque, postal order or bank transfer. The committee will inform you of more details.
jltireland(a)gmail.com （Please change (a) to @.）